Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mamma Mia IKEA!

Yesterday Wing's interview was rescheduled so we decided to do our big Ikea trip. We rode the subway downtown to our Zipcar Tocama Pick-up Truck. It took us a bit to find it, but once we did we were off to Emeryville.

First we drove across the Bay Bridge which was really scary but kinda fun. It was the first time I had driven in San Francisco, and one of the few times I had driven in a city in the past 5 years. There were like 5 lanes of traffic going crazy on me.

We found Ikea relatively easy. We didn't have all day so we rushed through the store, ate some cheap Ikea food, and then realized we had to do all the manual labor of loading up the truck. That was a disaster because we had so much stuff, huge furniture boxes, a mattress etc.

On the way home the directions and traffic were much worse. We ended up missing an exit and heading towards San Jose. After being tired, angry, and lost for an hour we finally made it home and unload the truck so we could hurry back to drop it off.

With the scary exhuasting Ikea trip out of the way we went and had a snack on the harbor. The views here are so incredible.

Then we walked to Bed Bath and Beyond and purchased pillows, towells, and some other accessories. Mostly in the "beyond" department.

When we got home to our neighborhood we had bubbletea and snacks from Quickly. They have like 200 flavors of bubbletea to choose from, and a bunch of cheap fried snacks. The cheesestix are only $3 compared to the $7 I used to pay at Nicoles in Boston.

When we got to our house we had to start putting together the Ikea. Ugh. Not my favorite thing to do but Wing enjoys it. In the end we noticed someting funny - our bed was missing a peice and it was a queen, not a full. So now our mattress is sittting in the middle of the bed frame until we can take yet another nightmare trip back to Ikea to replace it....
BUT we might not be able to because Ikea is claiming that the parking attendant on duty saw me hit a car in the parking lot and they are investigating the situation and willl let me know how much $ I owe and if I can remain a zipcar member. Now if we did hit another car, the impact was so light I never felt anything - so I am ready to challenge this in small claims court if I must.

In good news, my future boss called today and I will be working full-time.

We are loving our neighborhood (Sunset) more and more each day. Later, I'm going to walk to the ocean then stop by the raw food restaurant for lunch. Then I'm picking up a bunch of natural home and body products at the natural food store.

No comments: