Monday, August 27, 2007

eating yummy the lazy way

So this was my second turn making dinner for us since we started taking turns, and putting more effort into cooking. And tonight, our roommate Trevor and our best friend Jake joined us. I decided to use some of the stuff we already had. I did it the lazy way :) We had a salad of mixed spring greens (the ones that come in a bag). I hate iceberg lettuce so I always buy dark green leafy greens like kale and such. I added sliced Asian pears, and gorgonzola cheese to the salad, and topped it with Newman's Own raspberry vinaigrette.

Then, I baked our pre-breaded, frozen eggplant cutlets from Trader Joes with some mushrooms, and boiled some fettucini. For our sauce I just heated up some olive oil with minced garlic, chopped up basil leaves, a little oregeno, and some "Italian Spices." Then, I mixed everything with the eggplant, mushrooms, and some fresh diced tomatoes.

Trevor pauses while telling us a story about his friend who had sex with a mortician at a funeral home last night. Don't worry, we caught the whole story on video, and we'll share it with you very soon!

No comments: